We’re pleased to announce that you can now add image galleries to your club websites. To add an image gallery to a page, do the following:
- Create a zip file containing all the images (in .jpg format only) you want to show in the gallery.
- Under “Setup > Website”, click on the “Image Galleries” tab and then the “Add Gallery” button.
- Enter a title for the gallery.
- Click the “Browse” button and locate the zip file on your computer.
- Click the “Add Gallery” button. In the background the system will extract the images from the zip file and create thumbnail versions ready for the gallery.
- Either add a new page or edit a current page. Click your mouse in the editor where you want the image gallery to appear then click on the right most icon in the editor toolbar. A popup will appear listing all the galleries you have added.
- Click on the gallery name of the one you want to add and a special code will be entered into the editor window. Click the update button to save your page.
- Add the new page to your website navigation then browse to your website and click on the link to that page.
The gallery will be rendered automatically. You can also add a gallery to a private members only page.
Be careful with the image sizes. If you have very large images in the gallery it may break your website design so keep the width of the images no larger than the width of your main content area on your website.